Executive Director – COAST Trust
Principal Office, House # 13 Road # 2,
Shaymoli, Dhaka – 1217, Phone # (+88 02) 58150082, 9120358, 9118435, 9126131, Fax # (+88 02) 58152555,
Chief moderator – Moderators Council
Equity and Justice Working Group Bangladesh
Mobile : +88001711529792,
Major Area of Experiences
Management System and Planning for Learning and Change, Human Resource Development, Sustainable Micro Finance, Advocacy and Policy Influencing, Policy Research, Networking and Campaign, Participatory appraisal and evaluation, Building People Organization, Disaster Management, Coastal Issues and Amateur Radio Operation, Appropriate technology in coastal belt.
Jul ’99 to date Executive Director, Coastal Association for Social Transformation (COAST Trust, www.coastbd.org), a nationalized NGO from ActionAid Bhola Project.
Dec. ’94 – Jun. ’99 Project Director, ActionAid Bangladesh Bhola Project
Oct. ’94 – Nov. ’94 Anthropologist/Sociologist, ICDDR, B, Dhaka
Apr. ’92 – Sept. ’94 Training and Communication Advisor, RRRDP, a EC and GoB Project,
Jun. ’89 – Mar. ’92 Sr. Consultant on Training and Communication, NRDP, a GoB and DANIDA Project, Noakhali
Jan. ’87 – May ’89 Project Training Coordinator, NRDP, Noakhali
Apr. ’83 – Dec. ’86 With various capacity, especially on field operation and functional education in Mass Education Programme, a component of NRDP in Chagalnayia, Laxshmipur and Maijdee of Noakhali
Jun. ’82 – Mar. ’83 Research Assistant of various Ph. D research projects, Department of Sociology, University of Chittagong.
Focal person of food sovereignty group in Bangladesh from SAAPE (South Asian Association for Poverty Eradication) since 2004.
Founder General Secretary, National Committee, Sushasoner Jonny Procharavizan – SUPRO (In English Campaign for Good Governance, www.supro.org) a network of local NGOs in Bangladesh and Vice Chairperson, Bangladesh Coastal NGO Network for Radio and Communication (BCNNRC).
Major Training Received
- Micro Finance Management – CDF, Dhaka, May 2000
- Emergency Capacity Building, ESCA – ActionAid Africa Region, Uganda, March 1998
- Introductory Program on Capacities for Managers, Save the Children (UK) and London
- School of Economics, Katmandu, March 1996
- ZOPP Basic Course, GTZ Dhaka, June 1995
- Advocacy Capacity Building, Advocacy Institute and Action Aid Asia, Delhi, July 1995
- Management Leadership, IRRI and UPLB, Philippines, June 1991
- Management and Planning, DANIDA, Denmark, Aug – Nov 1988
- Project Management, BRAC & BARD, 1984
Short Term Co-Work
- Appraisal Team Member of LGSP (Local Govt. Support Project) of DANIDA, February 1990
- Evaluation of RDRS’s Char Development Project on behalf of Stromme Memorial Foundation – Norway, September 1996
- Act as team member with INTREEC (a UK based NGO) for Participatory Action Learning Study of DfID assistance in Bangladesh, June 1997
- Evaluation of VARD, YMCA, AUS and CDP project on behalf Stromme Memorial Foundation-Norway, March – May 2000.
Presentation Given at
- University of London,
- World Literacy Conference – Philadelphia,
- World Bank and IMF group
- USAID – Washington,
- United States Congress Committees
- European Union Parliament Committees
- ActionAid – UK Office,
- BBC World – London, TV 2 France, IPS TerraViva
- SAARC People Conference – Nepal and Delhi,
- Community Radio Conference by UNESCO- Srilanka,
- Conference on Micro Finance Policy and Governance – ESCAP, Bangkok.
United States of America, United Kingdom, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Keniya, Uganda, Thailand, China, India, Nepal, Srilanka, Singapore, Indonesia, Phillipines, and Pakistan